In the process of trying to get published I thought I’d share some events. Here’s last weeks:
At 40 years of age Ian Fleming started his James Bond series. I’m close to that age but without the publishing connections or a James Bond character. So we’re not quite peas and carrots.
- I’ve identified two editors for the Wine and Spirit Travel Diary. One editor is in Hobart. She thinks my writing is “funny”… in a good way.
- I know I’m not funny. See title.
- It is crucial to have an editor who supports the writing voice, and one who questions the lame parts of the story. It’s not personal. It’s character.
- In life outside of writing I’ve decided to take the low distraction approach. Today it helped me write more. It’s risky to exclude elements in life that might be called distractions, but if excluding them help obtain the goal then that’s the sacrifice.
- Last week I had eight “likes” and two “views” for the best piece of writing I’ve posted here for a long time. I don’t know how that happens. Do me a favour and read it here: https://bucketofwork.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/monkey-see-monkey-do-do/