On the road to (possible) self-publishing I thought I’d give some updates. Here’s last week’s activities:
- I need a graphic designer. I have plans for book covers but I need someone with skill to make them. Any recommendations welcome.
- The past few days I’ve given myself daily editing targets for the Wine and Spirit Travel Diary. Small goals are easier to obtain, and I feel a long way down the process now.
- With this commitment I’ve got days away from work and been house bound.
- I’m growing a beard again.
- I haven’t spoken to anyone for three days.
- I’ve been chasing cats out of my backyard.
- I don’t feel isolated and weird.
- I’m not sure I don’t look isolated and weird.
- I’m not looking forward to returning to work.
- I’ve decided the WSTD is best described as “based on a true story”. Films do that, and it’s less wanky than saying that it’s “creative non-fiction”.
- I’ve got sections I’m not sure about cutting out. I’m too close to it to judge. I want the editor to tell me. Maybe they show a deeper human side and are needed.
- I’ve got two editors planned. Then it is time to submit to publishers and see if they want some of the action.
- I’ll finish my final edit next weekend. I will finish my final edit next weekend.